Sleek. Cozy. Durable.
The variety of species and finishes available make hardwood flooring as adaptable to your space as you need it to be. From distressing options, type of wood, species, and stain options the possibilities are endless. Our Design Associates are knowledgeable with all types of wood flooring and can help you narrow your options. They even design a custom hardwood flooring pattern that fits your room perfectly. Diagonal, herringbone, borders, and other patterns add interest to a room and take a hardwood floor from beautiful to extraordinary. Here are some things to consider with hardwood floors.
- Hardwood flooring does not retain dust, pollen, and other allergens, making it an excellent choice if you have respiratory problems or concerns.
- Regular sweeping is generally all that is needed to keep hardwood floors looking great. Wood floors are perfect for busy families on-the-go.
- Hardwood flooring is durable and is an excellent choice for high-traffic areas.
- Hardwood floors can work for any style whether you’re looking for something more rustic or something more modern.
- Wood flooring is available in a wide range of species, finishes, and widths to create specialized looks for almost any room. Work with professionals to help you create your perfect wood flooring option.
Also consider that:
- Periodic refinishing, scuff, and scratch repair may be required to keep hardwood flooring looking its best. Solid and engineered wood floors can be re-finished if scrapes and scuffs occur, while laminate floors cannot.
- Footsteps and ambient echoes can cause rooms with hardwood flooring to be noisy. Area rugs are often used to counter this effect.
- In general, wood flooring is not recommended for rooms or areas subject to water or moisture exposure as they can become damaged.
See hardwood floor samples from the comfort of your St. Petersburg, Florida home today. Call us to schedule your free, in-home consultation! We can’t wait to work with you.
Photos: (L) Iriana Shinyan/ Shutterstock. ©Iriana Shiyan. (R) Mark Bernard/ Shutterstock. ©Mark Bernard.